ZEGO Admin Console User Manual
The ZEGO Admin Console is a central place to manage all your projects that use ZEGO's cloud streaming services. Each project you create in the ZEGO Admin Console will be assigned a unique AppID, a corresponding App signature, and WebSocket Secure URLs which will be used by your applications to communicate with the ZEGO servers.
1 Create a ZEGO Account
When your account is created successfully, you will be logged in to the ZEGO Admin Console automatically. Please click the button "Complete Information Now" to complete your account information, which is required before you can create your first project.
Fill out the account details as prompted, and click the “Confirm” button to submit the information.
Note: If you don’t have a Wechat or QQ account, please enter ‘N/A’ into the field.
2 Create a New Project and Obtain Your AppID, AppSign, and WSS URLs
Once you have completed your account details, click the button as suggested on the page to create your first project.
On the "Create New Project "page, please do the basic configuration for your project as prompted.
- Project Name must be 2-20 characters in length, and only contain letters, numbers, and underscores.
- Region indicates where the majority of your end-users are located. If the majority of your end-users are located in Mainland China, please select "Mainland China"; otherwise, please select "Global".
When your project is created successfully, the following information will be generated and assigned to your project:
AppID is the unique identifier for each project. AppSign is the authentication key associated with the AppID. Server URL is used by the Web Clients to communicate with the ZEGO's Web Servers. Log URL is used for SDK log reporting to locate and troubleshoot problems.
To integrate our SDKs into your applications, you will need to use the AppID and AppSign to initialize the SDK. To integrate Web SDK or Mini-Program SDK, the Server URL and Log URL are also required. You can retrieve this information from the ZEGO Admin Console anytime you want.
- At this phase, the application environment assigned to your project is a testing environment, so when you call the API function
crateEngineto initialize the ZEGO SDK in your application, you need to set the parameter
- When your project is ready to go live, you will need to submit a work order to us through the ZEGO Admin Console, and we will set up the production environment for you. The same AppID and AppSign will be used for production, but you will need to change your code to set the parameter
falsewhen calling the API function
createEngineto initialize the ZEGO SDK.
Now you can click the button “View Tutorials” to have a quick walk-through on the major steps of how to use the SDK to access our services. We strongly encourage you to do so to familiarize yourself with the steps. Or you can simply close the window as you wish.
3 Retrieve Your AppID and AppSign
If you need to retrieve your AppID and AppSiugn, please log in to your ZEGO account , go to the "Overview" page, and click the "Config" button of your project listed on the page.
Click the "View" button under the header "AppSign" to view your AppID and AppSign.
4 Retrieve Your WSS URLs
If you need to retrieve the WebSocket Secure URLs for your web client to access the ZEGO server and SDK log upload, please log in to your ZEGO account , go to the "Overview" page, and click the "Config" button of your project listed on the page.
The following project Basic Information page will show up, then click the "View" button under the header "Environment Configuration".
The following Project Environment Configuration page will show up. Navigate to the tab "Web" to view the WSS URLs.
5 Retrieve Your Server Secret Keys
If you need to retrieve your AppID and AppSign, please log in to your ZEGO account , go to the "Overview" page, and click the "Config" button of your project listed on the page.
Click the "View" button under the header "Server Secret Keys" to view your Server Secret Keys.
6 Manage Your Projects
After a project is created, a testing environment will be assigned to the project for development and testing with a trial period of 2 months and 10,000 minutes free of charge each month. If you need a longer trial period, you can submit a trial extension request to ZEGO before its expiry, subject to ZEGO's approval.
When your project is ready to go live, you can submit a go-live request to ZEGO. ZEGO will then review your request and create a production environment accordingly.
- To view all your projects, please log in to your ZEGO account , and go to the "Overview" page. Click the "Config" button as indicated below to view the configurations and maintain the project.
- If you need a longer trial period, click the button "Extend Trial Period" to submit a request, subject to ZEGO's review and approval.
- When your project is ready to go live, click the button "Request to Go Live" to submit a request, subject to ZEGO's review and approval.
Server callbacks can be set up for each project as needed, including callbacks for stream events, CDN events, and stream mixing events, and so on. For more callback configurations, please contact us on:
+86 13826446667 .